Sunday, October 3, 2010

Air Force Life

On Friday October the first I missed school for the first time, well first time I missed college classes. I thought I would make it back at least for my last class but it was too late. Now I am probably going to be behind in my five classes I missed in one day, but it was all worth it. I had been to graduations but just high school graduations. But this Friday I had the honor and opportunity to go an Air Force graduation. This Air Force graduation was a great experience for me, something I will never forget. I learned a lot from just a few hours of being at the Lackland Air Force Base here in Texas. They have great opportunities in the Air Force but they also make them work really hard for it. I had a tour through the base and I saw some of the other persons that were training it did not look easy at all. While we were in a car with air condition all comfortable sitting down on our way to where we sit for the graduation, all the guys and girls that were graduating were marching the whole way I am pretty sure it was a couple of miles. I also know after all they had already been through in the training, walking to their ceremony was not anything big to them. They get yelled at for almost no reason, if they accidentally look at their trainer and the trainer thinks they looked at them a wrong way they were punished. I would not be able to stand someone yelling so close to my face; I don’t understand how they can go through all of this without saying something back. They have to really set their mind to what they want in order to be able to actually finish through the first 3 months of training to graduate from this and then continue another four years of this. Their rooms well they are just a rectangle room with fifty other beds, they wake them up at four in the morning by yelling at them. Once they are waken up they have five minutes to get ready and have their beds done with no wrinkles at all. Everything has to be done perfect so they wont get in trouble and yelled at and some other punishments that they have for them. They don’t have much time for anything. They say the food was actually good but they only have about three minutes to eat, they can eat all they want but they are only given three minutes. Three minutes to eat is not much time at all its not enough to eat hardly anything. But after everything they are put through hopefully it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment