Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My older brothers life

I have two younger brothers and two older half-brothers. My two older brothers are not from the same mom. They both had totally different lives. I love them both but I feel a special attachment to one of them. My brother Erik did not have a very good life. They both lived with their moms but Erik’s mom was always gone she used drugs and never took care of them. My brother was always locked up in a room with his other brothers and his one other sister. Their meals where bags of chips and sodas, that is the great meal their mom would give them before she would lock them in the room and get high. Once he got a little older he started going out and being in the streets of California all day. One day my brother went home like any other day but he got home to the surprise of an empty house. He started asking neighbors what had happened. His answer was his mom had been checked up by child services and she got the custody of her children taken away. His sister and his brothers had been taken to a foster home. Erik was also being looked for by the child services to be taken to a foster home too. He decided to hide from them, he did not want to end up in a foster home. He was only twelve and he was in the streets all alone. He decided to go with a friend and stayed with him for a couple of months. Once November came by and he saw family coming over for thanksgiving dinner he decided he didn’t belong in that house. He called his mom and said he was going to turn himself in to the foster home. After he was in foster home for a while we got a call asking if we wanted to take him with us. My dad obviously said yes, but it was not that easy. My dad had to be visiting him and prove that he would take care of him. The foster home was six hours from our house. My dad still went and after two years they let Erik come live with us. After two years of him living with us my dad decided to move to Texas but my brother wanted to stay to take care of his other brothers. He was only fifteen and decided to fight for his family

No comments:

Post a Comment